How to Travel to Oberhof
(Start Venue of Half Marathon / 17km Hike / 17km Nordic Walking Tour)
Information and Advice Concerning your Travel to the Rennsteiglauf Event
The following is a summary of tips for your travel. We recommend you plan your trip for early arrival at the start locations. Please observe the appropriate traffic guidance systems and follow any directions given by our stewards. Further below you will find information on bus service to Oberhof arranged by the event organiser.
- By train from Erfurt towards Suhl/Meiningen, leave at Oberhof station,
- Railway station is outside of town, Bus Service to Town Centre,
(RennsteigBus Nord-Süd – Linie 428)
- Start venue inside town.
- Bus service from Suhl/Zella-Mehlis/Gotha
(RennsteigBus Nord-Süd – Line 422)
By car and coach from the north (Oberhof postal code: 98559)
- A4 motorway, leave at Kreuz Erfurt junction, use A71 towards Suhl/Meiningen, leave after Rennsteigtunnel at Zella-Mehlis/Oberhof junction,
- Continue on B247 to Oberhof (8 km),
- Use parking guidance system, parking restricted inside town.
By car and coach from south and east
- A71 motorway, leave at Zella-Mehlis/Oberhof junction, then use B247,
- Suhl, Zella-Mehlis on B247 in direction of Gotha to Oberhof (10 km),
- Use parking guidance system of town of Oberhof, parking restricted inside town.
Bus service arranged by the event organiser
The bus to Oberhof will leave at the following stops and times:
|Hinternah||Feuerwehr||5.00 a.m.||free of charge|
|Schleusingerneundorf||Railway station||5.10 a.m.||free of charge|
|Ilmenau||Bus station||5.15 a.m.||free of charge|
|Ilmenau||Homburger Platz||5.18 a.m.||free of charge|
|Manebach||Schleusinger Straße||5.25 a.m.||free of charge|
|Stützerbach||Erholung||5.30 a.m.||free of charge|
|Schmiedefeld||Brunnenstraße||5.45 a.m.||free of charge|
|Bahnhof Rennsteig||5.50 a.m.||free of charge|
|Schmücke||6.00 a.m.||free of charge|
|Ringberghotel||Hotel entrance||5.25 a.m.||6.30 a.m.||free of charge|
|Suhl||Am Himmelreich||5.35 a.m.||6.40 a.m.||free of charge|
|Suhl||Kommerstr.||5.45 a.m.||6.50 a.m.||free of charge|
|Suhl||Fr.-König-Str.||5.50 a.m.||6.55 a.m.||free of charge|
|Suhl||Henneberger Haus||5.53 a.m.||6.58 a.m.||free of charge|
|Zella-Mehlis||REWE-Center||5.58 a.m.||free of charge|
|Zella-Mehlis||Zellaer Markt||6.05 a.m.||7.05 a.m.||free of charge|
Arrival in Oberhof: c. 6:15 a.m. and c. 7:20 a.m., respectively
Return transfer: Schmiedefeld – Oberhof
Constant shuttle between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (free of charge)
Transfer for support teams
Oberhof (Busplatz) – Schmiedefeld, 7:05 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.
Transfer Neuhaus – Oberhof
GutsMuths-Halle; 5:00 a.m.
Advance booking by 21.4.2019 will be necessary.
To do so please state your name and race number.
Should there be little demand, the service will be cancelled. Persons already booked will be notified in that case.