How to Travel to the Finish location of Schmiedefeld
Information and Advice Concerning your Travel to the Rennsteiglauf Event
The following is a summary of tips for your travel. We recommend you plan your trip for early arrival at the start locations. Please observe the appropriate traffic guidance systems and follow any directions given by our stewards.
- Railway Service Erfurt-Ilmenau
- Bus service from Ilmenau bzw. Suhl (Linie 300)
- Bus service Oberhof – Schmiedefeld – Masserberg (PDF)
By car and coach from south (Schmiedefeld postal code: 98711)
- Go via Suhl heading towards Ilmenau,
- Follow sign-posted parking guidance system,
- Use B4 via Schleusingen heading towards Ilmenau.
By car and coach from north
- A4 motorway, leave at Kreuz Erfurt junction, use A71 in direction of Suhl/Meiningen, leave at Schmiedefeld junction, proceed via Ilmenau on B4 to Schmiedefeld,
- A4 motorway, leave at Gotha/Suhl junction, use B247 via Ohrdruf to Oberhof, turn left at Rondell towards Schmiedefeld / to B4 crossroads, then
- To the right on B4 to Schmiedefeld,
- Follow sign-posted parking guidance system
Late transfer from Schmiedefeld on the Friday
Schmiedefeld – Neuhaus: 7 p.m.; €7
Schmiedefeld – Eisenach: 6 p.m.; €10
Advance booking by 21.4.2019 will be necessary fort the late transfer on the Friday only.
To do so please state your name and race number.
Return transfer from Schmiedefeld on the Saturday
Schmiedefeld – Oberhof: constant shuttle between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (free of charge)
Schmiedefeld – Neuhaus: 2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. every hour (€ 7)
Schmiedefeld – Eisenach: 2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. every hour as needed (€10)
(If any later transfer is desired, local taxi services may be used.)